Terms and Conditions
The following terms constitute the Terms of Business (the "Terms of Business") of Michael Anthony Wallis trading as Wallis Family Mediation to provide services as described below. They will apply to all transactions between both parties, unless varied in writing.
- For the purposes of these Terms of Business: references to "I" and 'me' refers to Wallis Family Mediation.
- References to "you" and "your" are to the person or persons to whom our Terms of Business is addressed.
- "consultancy services" means the services to be provided in accordance with these Terms of Business.
- I will carry out your instructions in accordance with applicable professional standards and act in your best interests at all times.
Scope and basis of our work
- The consultancy service that I will offer relates to mediation for residents living within the Borough of Dacorum, Herts.
- I may be required to hold and process information about your personal circumstances. In consequence it will be necessary for you, and you agree, to provide me with details of these and such other information and documents that I may specifically request and are necessary to act for you.
- I will rely on the information and documents that you provide me with as being true, correct and complete. I will not audit, test or check such information or documents except where this is inconsistent with my obligations under the law. You should let me know immediately of any changes that might affect the service and advice I provide for you.
- You will provide all information reasonably requested by Wallis Family Mediation in order to act for you.
- Unless otherwise instructed, I will communicate with you by e-mail or at your home address, normally by letter sent by normal postal services or, where appropriate, courier services.
Fees\ \ Initial conversation FREE\ Initial Meeting with each party £90 per person to be paid in advance of the session\ Round Table or Shuttle Meeting lasting up to 2 hours £150 per person and paid prior to the meeting
Data Protection Act 2018
- During the period of our engagement I may request information about your personal and financial situation from you.
- The information that I obtain about your personal and financial situation may constitute "personal data" or "sensitive personal data" under the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 1998. By signing these Terms of Business, you expressly consent that I may carry out such processing (whether obtaining, recording or holding) of such data as is necessary to enable us to carry out your instructions.
- Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with your express consent. I keep data for a maximum of 6 years from the date that your involvement with the consultancy ceases.
- I will not, without your prior written consent, disclose any confidential information concerning your personal or financial situation to third parties.
Commencement, variation and termination
- Your continued instructions will amount to an acceptance of these Terms of Business.
- You may be requested to supply information or complete paperwork. If I do not receive the requested documents within 28 days of the initial request I will assume you are terminating our services.
- This agreement is subject to a 14 day cooling off period.
- These Terms of Business may be terminated by either party, with immediate effect, by giving notice in writing or by email.
- If any provision (whether in whole or in part) of these Terms of Business is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law, such provision or part shall be deemed not to form part of these Terms of Business, and the legality and enforcement of the remainder of these Terms of Business shall not be affected.
- These Terms of Business shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English Law.